Saturday, June 29, 2013
!. Is summer a good time for professional development for educators? Why or why not? 2. What guides your goals in terms of professional development in the summertime? Does this differ from school year PD goals? 3. What professional development are you participating in this summer. Are you attending any Workshops, Conferences, Edcamps? How about online vs. face to face? Iste13 5: In your Summer Professional Development to date-What is the best take away? What do you recommend others most of all? #catholicedchat
Friday, June 28, 2013
Thursday, June 20, 2013
On Saturday, our chat topic is Pope as Teacher. Along with our typical chat, we are also asking people to add examples to a shared Google Presentation. Q1: Have you been following news and information about our new pope- Pope Francis? What news sources do you recommend? (Twitter, Blogs, other?) Q2: In what ways is the Pope like a teacher? Q3: What are some of the lessons he is teaching the world? Young people? Q4: How can we share those lessons with students in our schools, homes?
Saturday, June 8, 2013
See resources shared - especially the profiled funding initiative from @chicathschools. See Storify full link or view slideshow version below:
- Funding is always an important topic. What important projects would you like extra funding for?
- What are some creative ways to raise money today? View @ChiCatholic Schools links.
- How has technology and social media played a role? What new methods can these media bring to us?
- What outcomes have you seen for your students, teachers, the community
- What would you like to try next in terms of new sources or methods of funding?
- What is the goal of Service Learning? What are your best hopes?
- What opportunities exist for service learning at your school? How do you integrate with curriculum?
- How did you find partnerships for service learning? Advice or suggestion for new teachers?
- What outcomes have you seen for your students, teachers, the community?